Thursday, January 27, 2011

.Lake Grapevine, my kinda Texas, and a nice long hike (3 trips, 0 face plants).

 Only one way?? WHY!?
 Bower. My BFF. He made great company. Well, until I had to drag him back to the car because he was "tired".
We came to this fork in the road........ we took the "sketchy" way... we like to shake it up a bit
 We had to stop to take in the Texas scenery quite often... breath taking
 To cross?... or not to cross this shady bridge? We crossed it.
Another beautiful scene we came across.


     These pictures are from an amazing hike Bower and I went on, Monday afternoon. I was driving back home from a doctors visit when I decided I wanted to do something active ALL DAY LONG!!!! So I went home and researched hiking trails in the area. I picked the first one that had pretty pictures, packed a lunch, (string cheese, half a yellow bell pepper, and carrots) put Bower on a leash, laced up my 'sneaks and away we went! The trails were off a camping site called Rockledge Park.
     Bower was overly excited to get out of the car and run after all the wildlife. It was amusing at first, his excitement, but he didn't stop chasing critters until he was too tired to walk towards the end of our journey. About half way through we stopped on a ledge overlooking the beautiful lake and ate our lunch. (I packed him a milk bone... this is why he loves me so) I thought we would be alone on the trail after not seeing anyone all morning... but right after lunch a team of mountain bikers came riding through. Bower didn't like that very much. He wanted them stopped and punished. I told him to get over himself.
     We climbed rocks, jumped hurdles, trampled through mud, crossed shady bridges and even ran long stretches of the trails. The one thing that stood out to me all day was how beautiful everything was. Wildflowers, trees, berries, animals, birds... everything was so pretty and so... natural. When we were sitting down to eat I couldn't help but think of how grateful I am for the 5 senses and that I have all of them... especially sight. I am going to make hiking a weekly adventure. It was good for the soul.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great post. I loved it. I wish we had hiking weather here. That'd be awesome. The elliptical is a good work out, but it would be nice to get outside.

    ReplyDelete