Monday, July 4, 2011

hittin' the open road in 9 days....

"I was too legit. I was too legit to quit... but now I'm not legit. I'm unlegit. And for that reason, I must quit." -Rod

...SO I DID!!! I have resigned from the IPD. My last day is July 11th and I am moving to Sandy,Utah on the 13th. I am excited, scared, nervous, anxious and happy all at the same time.

I am excited to start fresh. I am excited to discover what I really want out of life, move forward and struggle along the way.
I am scared to leave behind what I have known for the past 25 years. I am scared to leave the stability of my job and the friends I have grown to love.
I am nervous to be on my own in unfamiliar territory. I am nervous to leave home.
I am anxious to meet new friends and see my family. I am anxious to see what the near future holds.
I am happy with my decision and I am happy that I know its right. I am... happy.

The dictionary meaning of home (hohm)-noun:
       1. A place where one lives; a residence.
       2. The physical structure within which one lives, such as a house or apartment.

Home is so much more to me... "Home is the one place in all this world where hearts are sure of each other.  It is the place of confidence.  It is the place where we tear off that mask of guarded and suspicious coldness which the world forces us to wear in self-defense, and where we pour out the unreserved communications of full and confiding hearts.  It is the spot where expressions of tenderness gush out without any sensation of awkwardness and without any dread of ridicule." -Frederick Robertson

A little over a year ago, I returned home. I had come back from being away... not only had I been away physically, but emotionally as well. But the moment I walked through the door that night I felt the kind of love you only feel when you are truly home. It was warm, friendly, inviting and happy.

To leave the security of my home is going to be rough but exciting. I find so much comfort in knowing that I can always return. Whether it is just to visit or to stay until I get back on my feet, I can return home and be welcomed with open arms. I have my parents to thank for making it so special and filled with love. It truly is a safe harbor from the unpredictable winds of the world.  

Ok, that is just about all of the mushy crap I can stand to write in one post...

I get to hit the open road with a car full of nothing but clothes and shoes... maybe a toothbrush... ok, and hair necessities... BUT other than that I really don't have much. Talk about starting out fresh! Ah, it will be greatness. This Texas girl is heading to Utah... do y'all think they are ready for me up there? It sure will be fun finding out...


1 comment:

  1. So exciting! Utah is the new Dallas. Everyone should live here, including the Bucks. So are you doing the drive by yourself or is someone coming with you?

    ReplyDelete