Monday, July 11, 2011

.IPD RULES.

I have been with the Irving Police Department for 4.5 years. I loved it, hated it, enjoyed it, and dreaded it. I laughed here, cried here, fallen here (literally) and lived here (also literally). I have worked on New Years Eve to bring in 2008 and 2010. I have worked Thanksgivings, Christmases and birthdays. I have been through 5 boyfriends, 2 engagements and ... just a few flavors of the week. I have told co-workers about my life, my religious views, what makes me happy, sad, annoyed and grateful. I have talked late into the night with friends I now consider family. I have waltzed in with 1 second to spare and I have run through the doors 15 minutes late. I have said "rest in peace" to a co-worker and cried with my work family over the tragic loss.

I have calmed a hysterical mother.
I have pleaded with a man trying to end his life.
I have heard the cries of a family member losing a loved one.
I have been cussed out and beat verbally by angry people.
I have been shocked and amused.
I have been blamed and mocked.

I have learned things about myself that otherwise may not have been discovered. I have discovered who I am.

Making the decision to move to Utah was not an easy one. I dwelt on it, contemplated other options and prayed my heart out. I am not only leaving a job or career. I am leaving a family. A dysfunctional one but a family nonetheless. I am leaving my home. My real home. I am leaving my state. (God Bless Texas) I have mixed emotions but I know this is the right step for me. I am excited to start a new chapter in my life.

I am grateful for all the memories and friends I have made here at the Irving Police Department. Don't lie to yourselves, you hate to see me go but you love to watch me leave ;) heh heh... WINK!!!!

Y'all better keep in touch... COJO is over and out!

2 comments:

  1. Awwww. NOt many people can say they've "calmed a hysterical mother" or "pleaded with a man that tried to end his life." I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IPD may rule.....but you ROCK, you were our Rock and I am very sad to see you leave but I know you are off to bigger and better things. I wish you much success in whatever you do. Don't ever stop writing, it is one of your many talents and I look forward to reading that book that you will write one day. I am truly going to miss you!

    By the way, you wrote that line about "you hate to see me go but you love to watch me leave" for me right? LMAO!!

    ReplyDelete