Thursday, March 29, 2012

.food for thought.

I'm pretty sure I've been starring at the monitor in front of me for the past 10 minutes. Each blink of the cursor is taunting me to get with it and write something of importance. Something meaningful. Something I feel deeply about. Something I have experienced. Something that would inspire someone to better themselves.

Well...

I've got nothin'.

I read blogs, passages and stories of family and friends often. I read about their lives in places like New York, New York, Hong Kong, LA, and Scotland. I read about goals accomplished, hikes taken, tests passed, marathon's ran, close calls, vacations and miracles. I read about pain. I read about anger and fear. I read about love and happiness.

Sometimes I feel like hugging the blogger whose passage made me think.

Sometimes I feel inspired to get up and... move a mountain! Or move across the country. Or pack a bag, throw it over my shoulder and hit the open road to nowhere in hopes of telling stories of adventure, wonder and amazement.

And then....

I come back down from my inspired high-on-life attitude and remember... I am at work. I am infront of this same computer for 10 hours 4 days a week with $-22.91 in my bank account and just enough gas to get me home tonight.

I don't live a glamorous lifestyle with extravagant vacations and expensive handbags. I don't always live in the moment and milk life for all that it's worth. I don't always stand up for myself. I don't always treat others with respect. I make mistakes. I fall. I fail. I drink too much regular Dr. Pepper and I for sure don't get enough sleep at night.

I am not from somewhere exotic and I don't have a cool accent. My car needs fixin' and is usually on the verge of running out of gas. My nails are chipped. My closet needs to be cleaned out. I have a list of things I could do on my days off but I have a bad habit of procrastinating.

I am just me. I am one of 6 children born into a middle class family from Texas....AAAAAAAnd I pretty much rule.

Just kidding.

I really do think about all this. I take it all in. I realize where I can improve. I know that if I set aside money every pay check I could eventually afford an amazing get away. I know that I could graduate college if I re-applied and worked hard. I know that if I really wanted to, I could pack a small bag with only necessities and live off the grid... but that is just not me. It would be really awesome for about 2 days but it isn't realistic and I would probably end up hating it.

I love reading about other people's lives and the adventures they take. I love being inspired by their experiences and stories. I love reading something that makes me want to go somewhere or do something significant. Who knows... maybe my simple life is entertaining to someone out there. Food for thought.

Happy March 29th y'all...

No comments:

Post a Comment