Monday, March 19, 2012

.a weekend of awesome.

This weekend was amazing.

Carli turned 30!!! Shout out to the most amazingly awesome 30 year old red head hottie I know!

SIDE NOTE: Carli is my roommate. She lives in the basement of our adorable town home. We quickly hit it off as best of buds( "BOB" instead of "BFF" yeah that's right... use it. I dare you.) Anyway... Ever since our Vegas trip back in December we have pretty much been inseparable on Friday's, Saturday's and nightly between the minutes of 9:23 and 9:45ish. Lol.... random? Of course! But it is how we roll.



Friday night we ventured out to Keys on Main, a dueling piano bar right in the heart of SLC. We had a blast. The music was amazing and so was the company. Carli's sister and brother-in-law joined us for the fun. I woke up Saturday morning with a raspy voice thanks to singing along to songs like Billy Joel's " Piano Man" and an all time piano bar fave... Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody". Needless to say, Carli had a blast for her 30th and we always let the good times roll.



Saturday afternoon I went out with my friend Trevor to an AMAZING Mexican food restaurant called The Red Iguana. It has been voted as "Best Restaurant in Salt Lake City" on Urban Spoon and was featured on Guy Fieri's "Diner's, Drive In's and Dive's". The food was seriously wonderful. With every bite, pure joy came over my taste buds and happiness filled my soul. If ever you are in SLC and you just need that Mexican goodness in your system... GO TO THE RED IGUANA!!!! You won't be disappointed. I took this picture of my plate. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called... but it had a chicken flauta smothered in this delicious guacamole and sour cream, a chili relleno that was to die for and a cheese enchilada that tasted like it was straight out of someone's home in Mexico. Ok, I will stop raving about it... or try. All I can think about is when I get to go again! Oh dear.... I'm going to need to bust out the sneak's and jog.... to The Red Iguana?! Haha... why the heck not?


After we ate lunch we went to a contemporary Sci+Tech+Art museum called The Leonardo... seriously, such a cool place! It was filled with exhibits that heighten intrigue and works of art that ignite the imagination. As you walk in the building you immediately transform from a thinker into a creator. All of the exhibits are interactive and entertaining. I think people of all ages could enjoy an afternoon spent at The Leonardo. It was definitely impressive.



After leaving the museum we decided to catch a movie. We went to see 21 Jump Street. It's wildy and inappropriately hilarious... Caution to parents of youngouns and people who get offended easily.... you won't like it. You would hate it. I on the other hand thouroughly enjoyed it and will possibly see it again or rent it when it comes out on DVD. I'm dying just looking at the picture of these two studs posted below.... and might I say, Jonah.... you look good in uniform, sir! Channing... you always look good.... shoot. 



After the movie I got home to Carli just in time to head out again for a St. Patty's day party at a friends house. Laughs, great food and a whole mess of green is what the night consisted of. Memories? Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment