Wednesday, November 24, 2010

liar liar pants on fire

I know everyone gets lied to at one point or another. I understand that it happens, sometimes more often that we know. I have lied to people. I have lied to make myself feel and/or look better. I have lied to get gain. I am in no way boasting or bragging about this, I am just laying it out there. Being honest, if you will. Everyone lies to someone they love. Everyone cheats the system at one point or another. Learning from these situations makes us better people. Being honest makes us likable and trustworthy.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He even said he wanted me to keep the gift. He just needed to get a few things off of it and he would have it back to me by 9:30 that night. I was hesitant, but felt silly for being so. I believed he would keep his word. 9:30 came and went. By 11:00 I realized I would most likely never see it again. All day yesterday I had the slightest hope that I was wrong in my original hesitation and that it would still be returned to me. I honestly believed he didn't have it in him to lie to my face like that. I thought he was better than that. I gave back the ring that I could have easily kept. I gave back everything. I was not difficult. I was pleasant in a rough and awkward situation. Why did I not get the same respect? When worldly possessions and money are all that someone cares about what more is to be expected? I am not upset about the gift. I am upset that I trusted someone that turned out to be so selfish and money driven. It truly is a blessing that I am not marrying into that. So that is the last I will ever speak of him again. He doesn't exist in my life any longer and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment