Sunday, December 5, 2010

.I had a dream.

I had a dream last night that woke me up around 3:45 this morning. I was at a familiar place with old friends about this time a year ago. In the dream, it was as if I were watching myself from the corner of the room. I was laughing and having a good time. I was surrounded by friends and holding the hand of my ex-boyfriend. I seemed happy.
All of a sudden I felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness. I walked out of the room and went home to see my family. 'Home' felt unfamiliar and empty. I was searching for my family and ended up walking down a hallway, which in my dream, did not end. I kept walking and searching but they were no where to be found. I woke up because my heart was racing. I sat up in bed and tried to gather my thoughts. I took in a few deep breaths trying to slow my heart rate and laid back down. I laid there for a while unable to shake the dream from my thoughts. It's not like anything abnormal happened. It's not like I was being chased by some foreign monster carrying a sword. I thought back to last year and the people I was with. I thought about where I was in life. I though about my relationship with my family.
I have been through so much in such a short amount of time. I was overcome by a feeling of gratitude. I am thankful for last year and what it has taught me. I have learned lessons that cannot be taught in a classroom. I no longer feel like an outsider looking in when I am at home surrounded by my family. I feel warm and comfortable.
This time of year is a time of reflection, love, and giving. I think of family, friends and my savior. I am grateful for all I have been given and all I have to give. I am thankful for the trials and experiences I have been through that have lead me to this point in my life. I hope and pray everyone has a fantastic Holiday Season.

1 comment:

  1. :)You're awesome. Can't wait to be home with you. Two weeks!

    ReplyDelete