Friday, December 10, 2010

.matt jones-mc neenalds-and food stamps.

I worked 16 hours yesterday. Exhausted? Just a wee-bit. BUT, I went home and against my better judgment, stayed up watching "Police Women of Dallas" with Matt. Shortly after the episode ended, I was pulling the covers over my legs to go to sleep when I decided it was in my best interest to go an another nightly adventure with, who? Matt Jones. We ended up at Walmart of all places. We grabbed a bite to eat at Mc-Neenalds, aka McDonald's. We went straight to the toy section like most young adults in their mid to late 20's do. There was a wall of creepy baby dolls that were in little cribs that start laughing and bouncing thanks to motion sensors... how flippin' creepy is that? Toys these days. Give your child a baby doll that isn't creepy... for the love of... infants! Anyway... back to the story... After our escapades in the toy section we made our way to the men's clothing section and start trying on sweaters and jackets for the heck of it. I mean, why not, right? Matt found a dashing jacket. It makes him feel sexy. He didn't know if he deserved to buy it for himself around Christmas time but he debated for all of 2 seconds. He also found a burgundy zip up pull over that made him feel sexy AND HE LOVES THAT COLOR!!! So we take our finds to the line as we discuss suicide (don't ask...) As we get closer to being checked out, Matt starts inquiring on food stamps, rather loudly, mind you....
here is some of the verbiage:

Matt to the clerk: Where do you get food stamps?
Clerk: (turns to a black guy behind Matt and points finger in a questionable manner) I dunno man, downtown? In a government building?
Black guy behind Matt: I dunno man...
Matt to clerk: Can you buy clothes with food stamps?
Clerk: Uh, (laughs awkwardly) I don't think so. Your total is $44.45
Matt: (fumbles around in his wallet/pockets) Uh, actually just give me the jacket. I don't have enough cash on me for both.
Me: Wow, you really do need food stamps (dies laughing)
Matt: (laughs) Yeah, I think I do. 
Matt to me: Court, can I borrow a dollar?

Needless to say, we were laughing the whole way home about creating and executing perfectly, socially awkward situations.... Just another reason why I love Matt Jones.

1 comment:

  1. First, I totally watch Police Women of Dallas. I'm glad I'm not alone. Second, I remember this one time Adam, Matt, and I were in Idaho Falls in a pawn shop and Matt was inquiring about brass knuckles to the clerk. He's good at making dull outings hilarious.

    ReplyDelete